Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Keys of Hope

One of the Nonprofit organizations that Jake's company works with is The Bridge. The Bridge is a shelter and halfway house for troubled and abused adolescents in the Atlanta area. They're a fantastic organization, and they truly are doing amazing things to help children in need.

Each year around Valentines Day, they partner with the wonderful people at Tiffany & Co. to put on a fundraiser called Keys of Hope, and it has become Jake's traditional Valentines Day gift to me to participate! I love that it benefits such a well-deserving organization, but on top of that, it is actually a really fun event as well!

Instead of selling tickets to the event, they sell keys. If you buy a key, you get to go hang out at the Tiffany & Co. at Phipps Plaza for the night. They close it down to the general public, and they serve champagne and drinks, as well as lovely appetizers. Set up in the middle of the store is a big glass case, filled with signature blue tiffany boxes, and sealed with a big lock! About halfway through the night, they call up everyone with a key (you're allowed to buy as many as you like, and all of the proceeds go to The Bridge), and everyone gets to try their keys in the lock. Usually about 20-30 of the keys will actually open the lock, and if you're lucky enough that one of yours does, you get to pick a box out of the case! Tiffany and Co. donates a bunch of lovely prizes for the winners. Last year I wasn't a winner, but the first year I won a beautiful silver necklace. I can't tell you how exciting it was when my key turned in that lock!!

I really love this Valentine's Day tradition. It's always a fun night, there's a chance that I'll walk away with a great gift, and most of all, it goes to help a wonderful cause! I'm so excited for Keys of Hope tonight!

4 comments:

  1. So I forgot to ask, how did it go? Win anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea and for such a good cause! I want in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a winner!!! follow up post coming soon!!

    ReplyDelete