Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Roller Coaster Night


Last Night was definitely full of ups and downs! I had to stay late at work unexpectedly, so after rushing like a mad woman to get home and change my clothes, Jake and I headed over to Phipps Plaza for Keys of Hope. As expected, it was a great event. The food was wonderful, the champagne was flowing, and Jake and I had a great time hanging out with his coworkers, supporting a wonderful cause. We even got to try on some gorgeous Tiffany jewelery, including an NINE carat diamond engagement ring! Boy, was my hand tired! Jake bought me two keys for me to try my luck, and I'm very excited to report, that I was a winner!!! I won a beautiful silver Return to Tiffany bracelet! Jake's co-workers girlfriend Wendy also won an awesome crystal bowl, so it was definitely a successful event.

Unfortunately, about halfway through, I got a phone call from my sister, letting me know that she was in the hospital. I'm so thankful to be able to say that today everything is fine, and she is home safe and sound, but she went into early labor last night. The doctors gave her some medication to stop the contractions, and she's been ordered to stay on bedrest for the next two weeks. Ugh! And to top it off, today is her birthday (Happy Birthday Kelly!)! I'm still worried about her, but I do feel much better now that she's home, and I got to talk to her today. She sounds like she and the baby are both doing just fine. I also bought my plane ticket today to go visit her when the baby comes! Very exciting!

So, my night started off full of fun and surprises, and then it took a turn for the worse. It seems that everything is going to work out ok in the end though. Kelly, if you read this, just make sure that you keep that baby inside where it's safe, at least for the next few weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. A new bracelet! How nice! Glad your sister and baby are ok now. Hoping the best for them!

    ReplyDelete