Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sunday Cookin


This weekend was so beautiful! It was sunny and 70 degrees on Saturday and Sunday, so Jacob and I decided to take advantage of the warm weather and get a jump start on cleaning up the back yard. We got a lot of good work done out there, but as a result, I didn't have time to get my Sunday Cooking done! I have to say, it's making this week a lot harder! I did make it to the grocery store on Saturday morning, so I bought all of the supplies for my meals. I cooked one last night, and I plan to cook the other tonight. Hopefully after that I will be back on track. Here's what I made this week.

Easy Boneless Pork Chops
6 Boneless Pork Chops
1/2 C. BBQ Sauce
1/2 C. light Italian dressing

whisk dressing and BBQ sauce together. Spray a frying pan with Pam, and place chops in pan. cover with sauce mixture. Brown pork chops until cooked through (about 10 minutes on each side). I served them with some steamed veggies and some sliced potatoes that were baked in the oven.

Fajitas
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken tenders, sliced
3 green bell peppers
2 onions
lime juice
cheddar cheese
light sour cream
salsa
tortillas

Slice peppers and onions. Saute in a pan sprayed with Pam. Add lime juice, salt and black pepper to taste. Sometimes I'll add a splash of corona too if I have it on hand. Add chicken. Saute until chicken is cooked through. Serve with tortillas, and cheese, sour cream and salsa for toppings.

1 comment: